Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
John[_22_] John[_22_] is offline

Default variation on SUMIF funciton

Hi Gregg
I tried these 2 formula and both work fine.
=SUMIF(F38:F45,1,G38:G45)
=SUMPRODUCT(--(F38:F45=1),G38:G45)
Adjust range to your need.
HTH
John
"Gregg88" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet of the form:

Household Sales
1 1
1 0
1 1
2 0
2 0
3 1
3 1
3 1
etc, etc,

I am trying to find the total number of sales for each specific household
and as my spreadsheet is very large i'd prefer not to do it manually. I
have
tried using a SUMIF function, but I can't manipulate the 'criteria'
section
of the function such that I can set it equal to the value of a specific
cell
- I can only seem to manually enter in the specific household identity
number.

Is there anyway to alter the SUMIF function (or indeed do it a different
way) that will allow me to do this calculation quickly.

Thanks