Walter

Nevermind...Someone else looked over this with me & saw that we had a date
problem on service worksheet. Once I got that corrected, everything added up
right. So, the formulas were working fine all along.
--
Thanks for your help,
Walter

"Walter" wrote:

I am trying to nest SUMPRODUCT inside SUM to total 3 worksheets into 1
summary sheet. When I do this, I get an incorrect total. I tried it in
stages and found the problem to be in the service section. The brakes and
tires return and total the correct figure. When I add the service, the total
increases by 209.22 when the correct amount is 51.68. I can't see any
difference in the formula and I don't see a relationship between the numbers.
Here is my formula:
=SUM(SUMPRODUCT((Brakes_Date<=$A3)*(Brakes_Date$A 2)*(Brakes_Debit)),SUMPRODUCT((Service_Date<=$A3)* (Service_Date$A2)*(Service_Debit)),SUMPRODUCT((Ti res_Date<=$A3)*(Tires_Date$A2)*(Tires_Debit)))
BTW:
Brakes_Debit = 25.84
Service_Debit = 51.68
Tires_Debit = 25.84
Formula result = 260.90
--
Thanks for your help,
Walter

"JulieD" wrote:

Hi Walter

a SUMIF can only take one criteria, try
=SUMPRODUCT(--(Brakes_Date<=Summary!$A9),--(Brakes_DateSummary!$A8),Brakes_Credit_Column)

ensuring that all your ranges have the same dimensions.
check out
for more details on this function

--
Cheers
JulieD
"Walter" wrote in message
I am trying to sum daily entries on one worksheet to a weekly total on a
summary worksheet. I have named the following ranges:
summary date column = Summary_Date
brakes date column = Brakes_Date
brakes debit column = Brakes_Debit_Column
brakes credit column = Brakes_Credit_Column

Here is the formula I have but it is returning 0.
=SUMIF(Brakes_Date,AND(Brakes_Date<=Summary!$A9,Br akes_DateSummary!$A8),Brakes_Credit_Column)
--
Thanks for your help,
Walter