Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gary Brown[_4_] Gary Brown[_4_] is offline

Default I need to convert foot pounds of energy to joules and vice versa

The 'flb' unit refers to a Foot-Poundal not a Foot-Pound.
I don't know if this is an error on the part of the Analysis Toolpak or not.
Seems to be. WOW!!!
Bottom Line, don't use the Analysis Toolpak CONVERT function if trying to
convert between foot-pounds and joules.
--
Hope this helps.
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

"Sid" wrote:

I know the ratio is 1 flb to 1.355817948 joules but the convert functino
returns 23.73042222. I can do it by hand but my concern is that without
understanding why Excel is giving a different answer I will be unable to
defend my answer.