Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default convert excel to text file with no tabs

And if a cell contains spaces, should it be surrounded by doublequotes?

You may be able to get more help by describing your requirements.

Or maybe you could try building a formula in an unused column:
=a1&" "&b1&" "&c1&" "&d1
and drag down as far as you need.

Then copy that column and paste into Notepad and save the text file from there.

naomi wrote:

Thanks - but it still isn't what i need. It puts 3 or 4 spaces between the
contents of each cell. I need a single space. Apparently it can be done,
but no-one sems to know how.

"David Biddulph" wrote:

Other text options are space delimited (.prn) or comma separated (.csv).
--
David Biddulph

"naomi" wrote in message
I need to convert an excel file to a text file which is not tab delimited.
Does anyone know how to do this? If I "save as" a text file, whatever
option
I choose, there are tabs between the cells.

--

Dave Peterson