Alan Beban

jenhow wrote:
I have three columns of information.

column A - 6 digit number
column B - 8 digit number and dash that correspond to column A
column C - 6 digit number with other data that match one of the entries from

column A
I would like column D to give the result from column B that corresponds to
column A based on the data from column C and if it matches (partially) column
A.

example

A B C
050505 04-121212 050505 - CO.fsa (formula here)
050452 05-214176 050505 - CO.fsa
052121 03-217496 050505 - CO.fsa

In this example, I would like column D result to be 04-121212 for all three
entries because that it the number listed in column C.

In this instance, I would like column D to return 04-121212 for all three
answers. So, I want the results from column C that go with Colum

If your data is in a range named "Tbl1", the following formula can be in
a cell in Column D and filled down:

=VLOOKUP(--LEFT(CELL("contents",INDEX(Tbl1,ROW(A3),3)),5),Tbl 1,2,0)

Alan Beban