Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Default Calculating Duplicate Entries

If we are permitted to sort by address (since I assume you want less than 6
months, 25% increase for SAME address), then this formula
=IF(AND(MONTH(C3)-MONTH(C2)<6,(A3-A2)/A20.25),"X","")
placed in D3 and copied down the column results in an X next to the Oct
sales of Oak Ave.

Note in row 1 I have labels; in row 2 I have the first sale and I have
sorted the data by Address.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Bad_Shot" wrote in message
I use Excel 2003.
I pulled good info off this forum and off other sites referenced within.

I can do what I'm trying to do with filters, formulas and macros, etc.
But to I can do it faster with a calculator.

Here's my data:

A B C
1 Sale Price Address Sale Date
2 $25000 216 Oak Ave 12/7/2007
3 $35500 14 Wyman St 1/12/2008
4 $29000 216 Oak Ave 7/1/2008
5 $49000 14 Wyman St 9/30/2008
6 $45000 216 Oak Ave 10/2/2008

I need to find all sales that were less then 6 months apart, and the sales
price was 25% greater then the previous price. In this case row 6 would
be
true.
Note the rows can be from 250 to 1500 per month.

Thanks.