Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Going Crazy for Graphics Going Crazy for Graphics is offline

Default Display Issue

Pete: Thanks for the reply.
I have tried re-formatting with out success.
As I recall there is a setting in 07 that will display the formula or the
result, I just can't recall where it is and can't seem to find the tab its
located on

"Pete_UK" wrote:

The cell is probably formatted as text, so anything you enter is just
taken as a text string. With the cell selected click on Format | Cells
and then on the Number tab choose General then OK. This will not
change the format per se - you must change the cell's contents as
well. Double-click on the cell as if to edit it, then press <Enter.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jan 28, 4:46 pm, Going Crazy for Graphics
wrote:
When I enter a formula in a cell and hit enter, the cell then dispalys the
formula not the calculated value.
I can't seem to find the seting to change back and don't know what I did to
get to here

Thanks for any help