Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Display Issue

The cell is probably formatted as text, so anything you enter is just
taken as a text string. With the cell selected click on Format | Cells
and then on the Number tab choose General then OK. This will not
change the format per se - you must change the cell's contents as
well. Double-click on the cell as if to edit it, then press <Enter.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jan 28, 4:46*pm, Going Crazy for Graphics
wrote:
When I enter a formula in a cell and hit enter, the cell then dispalys the
formula not the calculated value.
I can't seem to find the seting to change back and don't know what I did to
get to here

Thanks for any help