paul

as Biff said your explanation is a bit vaugue.Have you looked at the count
functions (count,counta, countif)
--
hope this helps
Paul

"Darrell" wrote:

Hello,
I hope I can explaine this well enough. I am using two worksheets.
Worksheet 1 is an imported file, worksheet 2 is where all my
calculations are getting done. Sheet 1 column A and column C are the
only two columns I need to look at. Sheet 2 has the values of what I am
looking for in sheet 1. All data is also alpha characters. No numbers.

I need a formual to:

find the value from sheet 2. The value will be repeated several times
on sheet 1. When finding value, count cell in column A as long as long
as it is not blank.

Thanks for any help you can give.

--
Darrell