Nick Hodge

Doug

It is using a formula name not recognised for some reason. I have XL2003
and get the same errors. I can get it open but many of the formulae have
#NAME! errors.

Sounds like a dodgy file to me

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Doug" wrote in message

Quick update. on second pc - completely wiped away all MS office,
rebooted,
full reinstall of 2003 office - (it asked for license key again) -
reboot -
BEFORE even appliing office service patch - i tried and failed to open
that
file.

"Doug" wrote:

Ok - Im going crazy with this one.

When I open an Excel 2000 file in my Windows XP (sp2) Excel 2003 I get
the
following....

"Microsoft Office Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close. We
are sorry for the inconvenience" which then generally butchers the file
(sometimes does almost ok in trying to "repair" it). I have tried this
on
two separate computers with Excel 2003 - same results. NOTE: Excel 2000
opens it perfectly on third pc.

I have virus scanned, ad-awared, uninstalled Excel 2003 and reinstalled.
No
luck. Sample file is available at
http://step.polymtl.ca/~ritz/charsheet/cs.htm then click download.

Suggestions??