Dave Peterson

Are you asking to have the second file opened in a separate instance of
excel--so you have two copies of excel running?

If yes, then open the first instance (and open the first workbook).

Then windows start button|run
excel
(hit enter)

Then file|open the second workbook.

===
MSWord behaves differently than excel. You can have one instance of MSWord
running and with MSWord's Single Document Interface chosen, each document will
have it's own window (and each document will appear in the windows taskbar).

Jason Dove wrote:

That is STILL NOT what I want. That is STILL NOT helpful at all. Did you
even read my orginal posting at all? I found all those options under the
help section.

I wrote that I was not looking for the "Windows in Taskbar" or "Ignore
Application".

When I am in Excel, and I open a new file, I WANT the new file to open in a
NEW Separate Window. It does it in Microsoft Word, and I know it does it in
EXCEL; however, I don't know how to configure it.

"Starwing" wrote:

Maybe...

Starwing

--