Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Maarkr Maarkr is offline

Default Absoluet Reference

I know the post is old, but I could not find an answer elsewhere in the
forum. After you paste the data, go to Edit, Find and Replace, then find
'[*] and replace with ' . You need to select Within
-Workbook and Look In -Formulas. The Replace All. This will replace all
instances of cells referencing the linked absolute file, indicated by the
[filename.xls] reference.

"ChrisK" wrote:

Everytime I link an cell to another workbook, it automatically puts in an
absolute reference. Is there a setting I can change so I do not have absolute
references appear. This does not happen when you link a cell within the same
sheet only external worksheets.

Thanks