Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Lynz1976 Lynz1976 is offline

Default how do i get a cell to fill red/blue as the outcome of a formu

Hi I will be entering a grade into a cell ie Cc or Cb etc. This I will check
against the target grade for the pupil using an if statement or something
similar. This will then return a value which I would like to trigger the
colour of the cell. i.e. if the student its below target Red on target Yellow
ahead of target Green. Can you help with this?

Thanks Lyndsey

"Pete_UK" wrote:

You would use Conditional Formatting for this. If you would like
further (more detailed) guidance then please tell us a bit about what
data you have, how it is laid out, and in what circumstances you want
the colour to change.

Pete

On Jan 27, 1:05 pm, Lynz1976
wrote:
I want to get a cell to fill in a particular colour to indicate if one of my
pupils is working ahead or on target. I want excell to execute a check and
fill the cell automatically with the appropriate colour.