Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
John[_22_] John[_22_] is offline

Default Conditional Formatting

Hi Bullfrog
Try this one =IF(COUNTIF(A1,"*Digital*"),"DD","") this formula will accept
before and after added words. You can remove the * after Digital if you will
only get words before Digital.

HTH
John
"Bullfrog" wrote in message
This works great if I only have the word Digital in the box, but what if I
have say 'Capitol Digital'. Can it still be done?

"John" wrote:

Hi
Try this in B1 =IF(A1="Digital","DD","")
HTH
John
"Bullfrog" wrote in message
I am not sure if correct group, but here goes. I am not sure if this
can
be
done easily, but how do I set a cell based on another? Example A1 has
text
in
it, If A1 contains the word 'Digital' I want B1 to have 'DD' entered.
Can
this be done? I am using Excel 2003, but will be upgrading to 2007
soon.