Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Karen Sigel Karen Sigel is offline

Default Moving data from one place to another

Well, either I'm completely misunderstanding both of your replies (which is a
distinct possibility!) or I didn't explain myself well enough.

I need to move the data in Row 1 cells L, M, N, O to Row 2 cells C, D, E, F,
then the data in Row 3, cells L, M, N, O to Row 4, cells C, D, E, F, then the
next two rows, then the next, etc., until I reach the end.

I already figured out that i have to temporarily delete my header row, but
is there anything else I need to do to make this work correctly?

Karen

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Sub Macro1()
For i = 1 To 100 Step 2
Range("L" & i & ":O" & i).Select
Selection.Cut
Range("C" & i + 1).Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
Next
End Sub

Adjust the 100 (table size) to suit your needs.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200829

"Karen Sigel" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with several thousand rows. I made every other row blank
using a macro I found here (thanks!). Now, I need to move the data that
resides in Row 1 L, M, N, O (a populated row) to Row 2 C, D, E, F (the blank
row I inserted) for the whole sheet.

Is this possible? Can someone help me out?

Thanks-
Karen