Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I set a maximum amount in a cell?

Instead of
=IF(A1*B1<=500,A40*B40,500)
you could use
=MIN(A40*B40,500)
--
David Biddulph

"John" wrote in message
Hi Griffindor
This formula will multiply A1by B1 up to 500, anything more and you get
500
=IF(A1*B1<=500,A40*B40,500)
Its just an example maybe more details to get more elaborate.
HTH
John
"Griffindor107" wrote in message
I am trying to create a sequence of equations that will calculate the
amount
of paid vacations my employees have. In our policies, you can accrue
paid
vacation every month, but there is a cap on how much you an you only can
have
a certain amount of paid vacation. So, I would like to to have a cell
add
up, but have a maximum amount that it can add to and once it hits that
maximum, it won't go any higher.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,