Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Roger Govier[_3_] Roger Govier[_3_] is offline

Default Formatting cells

Hi Doug

You could use a new sheet.
Format each column the way you want it.
Copy your source data again.
Paste SpecialValues

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Doug Mc" wrote in message
Yes, that's what I'm doing and it helped in some cases; however I still
can't get some to re-align.
Also, I can't seem to get rid of the dollar sign....

"BetaDocuments" wrote in message
On Jan 26, 3:49 pm, "Doug Mc" wrote:
I copied some cells from a sheet to a new sheet.
The cells I copied contained some numbers and dates.

Some of the numbers had a dollar sign on them. I wanted to remove the
dollar signs..
The dates were not formatted like I wanted them (mm/dd/yy) rather than
mm/dd/yyyy.
Some of the columns had left-justified data and I wanted to change them
be right-justified.

I've beem tryint to reformat the cells and nothing seems to work.
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Doug

Are you sellecting the dates "only" rows or column or cells and
adjusting it?

Select cell then right click then change the format. Is that what you
doing?