Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Danny boy Danny boy is offline

Default Counting Question!

Rick and Shane:

Thank you very much for all your help. Everything works that you both
suggested, and I believe I clicked "yes" to indicate that on the Discussion
Group. Sorry again for double posting Rick. I know that creates headaches. I
just wasn't thinking prior to having my morning coffee.

Best,

Dan

"Rick Rothstein" wrote:

First off, if you didn't see it, I answered your Conditional Formatting
question back in the other thread. I will use the same conditional for this
question too... the dash that appears only in the "Send Letter" flag.

=COUNTIF(G4:G3500,"*-*")

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Danny Boy" wrote in message
This is somewhat related to my Countdown Birthday Flag question, however a
bit different, so I chose to generate a "New" question for this...

I have a flag in Column G which identifies a "countdown" to someone's
Birthday:

10-Day(s) Till Birthday-Send Letter
9-Day(s) Till Birthday-Send Letter

The above flag appears between Days 10-1 (not on the actual Birthday
however). In cell G3, I merely want to "count" how many times the flag
appears in Column G, but I'm having difficulty doing this. I tried t hat
which you see below to no avail. In addition, the formula below needs to
be
more refined so that the count only takes in the parameters of 10-1 Day(s)
Till Birthday-Send Letter:

=COUNTIF(G4:G3500<=",10-Day(s) Till Birthday-Send Letter")

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dan