Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default countif vs. if????

http://www.exceluser.com/explore/sumproduct_11.htm
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200829

"Tflight" wrote:

That worked perfectly. Thanks. I looked up the sumproduct description, but it
really didn't make any sense. Could you explained why that worked?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Any time you need to deal with more than one criteria, always consider
SUMPRODUCT(). In this case:

=SUMPRODUCT((L6:L327="Low")*(G6:G3270))

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200829

"Tflight" wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to figure out a formula that will calculate the number of cells
that have a number greater than 0 in one cell and then a few columns over has
the word "Low" in it.

Right now, I have COUNTIF(L6:L327,"Low",IF(G6:G327,"0")) and of course I
did something wrong to it because there's an error message.

I'm not sure if explained this welll enough. Please help.....