Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
smartin smartin is offline

Default adjusting sums

Will give incorrect result if a person has a weight gain instead of a
loss. Alas, it happens to the best of us!

John wrote:
HI
With this formula in B2 =MAX(A$1:B$1)-MIN(A1:B1) and copy along to F2,
i get the result you see below.hoping this is what you're looking for.
A1 B1 C1 D1 E1 F1
200 196 190 188 175 164
4 6 2 13 11
HTH
John

"ericaamousseau" wrote in
message ...
I was not sur if there was a way to have a formula move cells as you
type. I
am not explaining it right, but say I have a spreadsheet for weight
loss for
a group of people if the begginging weight is in cell A1 and the next
week's
weight is in B1 and week after that is in C1 can I have the subtraction
"follow" the numbers to show weight lost each week? :

A1 B1 Formula
196 194 2

next week would be

A1 B1 C1 Formula
196 194 190 4

So that when I typed in C1 the formula shifted so as to ignor A1 and
subtract C1 from B1. Is this possible? thanks!