Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Changing the "tooltip" text in an excel chart

Tushar Mehta has written an add-in that does this for you. Look for Hover
Chart Labels on his web site, http://tushar-mehta.com

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

wrote in message
Hello All,

I created a type of a Gantt-Chart in Excel (Uses Staggerd bars a basic
chart type). However I would like to show additional information for
each bar when I move the mouse over a bar. The text I can read right
now gives me the Name of the Series, the name of the point and the
value, but I would like to have my own infromation displayed in this
tooltip. Is there a way to manipulate the text?
I can not use the label data and change it for each point as there are
too many data points on the chart and therefore the available space is
limited.