Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default How do I constantly display worksheet headers in normal view?

You cannot see headers or footers except in Print Preview mode.

Unless you add the header or footer values to cells in top row then use a
macro to slap those values into a header or footer when printing.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 05:20:06 -0800, srsmith41
wrote:

Headers. But I don't see why this should be restricted to Print Preview.
There's plenty of information available on the editing page. Why not the
name (not just the filename or the columns/rows names) of the worksheet?

I hope this clarifies my question.

"David Biddulph" wrote:

Do you mean headers (which are a printing feature), or do you mean "freeze
panes"?
--
David Biddulph

"srsmith41" wrote in message
In Excel (MS Office 2003 for Small Business), is there a way to keep the
view
the headers present while editing a worksheet? I often have several files
open at a time or move between worksheets within a file and would like to
see
the headers at a glance, perhaps just above the columns.

Is there already a way to see this without always clicking <View
<Headers
etc.?

Thanks!