Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
John[_22_] John[_22_] is offline

Default IF Function based on right value

Hi Mike
Your formula works ok, ie: =IF(RIGHT($A1,3)="010",$D1,"0"), just for
testing, delete with the delete button the number that finishes with 010 and
retype it by hand, maybe there is empty space before or after the number.Are
you importing this information from the internet ?. I can't see why it
does'nt work.
HTH
John

"MIKE F" wrote in message
I am trying to write an if formula based on the following.

=IF(RIGHT($A1,3)="001",$D1,"0")

I have successfully written that formula for all values that end in the A
column with "001" thru "009" and "011" & "012". The problem I am having
is
with "010". It always retunns 0 into my formula cell.
Please help!