Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Pecoflyer[_88_] Pecoflyer[_88_] is offline

Default Delete records when certain records have duplicate column data

JVroom;199030 Wrote:
Hi,

I'm new to excel.

I want to delete (sort of) duplicate records.

My spreadsheet has many columns.

My spreadsheet has many records

I want to delete records where the data in just a few columns is the
same in
multiple records. (e.g. if the values in columns "A" "B" "D" "F" in
any
record is duplicated in multiple rows ..delete all matching
records/rows.

A= house number
B= street name
D=apt number
F=city

Bonus points: Can a macro/button be created that will allow me to load
spreadsheet and then somehow run the above filter/function on the
loaded
spreadsheet?

Hi,
you will find 'here' (http://www.rondebruin.nl/delete.htm) exactly what
you need

HTH

--
Pecoflyer

Cheers -
*'Membership is free' (http://www.thecodecage.com)* & allows file
upload -faster and better answers

*Adding your XL version* to your post helps finding solution faster
Pecoflyer's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=14
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=54821