Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Graph questions

"First Aid Computing" wrote in
message ...
I only use MS Office at work and therefore have little experience with
doing
more than simple word processing. At home I'm more of a "hardware" guy
and
thus equate software with firmware i.e. the latest version has more fixed
bugs, newer features, and tends to work better in general. Had hoped that
maybe the things I wish for are either available or easier to do in a
later
version.

Yeah, well, Microsoft broke the tradition with their newest release of
Office.

As for the error bars, it's been a matter of trial and error to figure out
the length of the bar as everything is in days. I just now figured out
that
the days are 38368 etc. and how to set the error bar, but I need to keep
adjusting it as I'm always entering new data unless I set it for an
obsenely
long length to begin with.

You can probably keep the values as dates. Internally Excel uses the big
number for calculations, but you probably don't need to worry about it. You
can subtract two dates and get a number of days. The format initially might
be as a date, not a simple number, so ten days difference will look like
10-Jan-1900. Format it as General and it will look like a 10.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.