Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
excelFan excelFan is offline

Default Dates again

Thanks a lot for the reassurance Mike. Now that I have you in line, do you or
anyone know if this date problem is overcome in XL 2007?
THANKS.
"Mike H" wrote:

I share you concerns about addins of dubious origing but something produced
by John Walkenbach comes with a pretty impressive pedigree so I don't think
you need worry about this one.

Mike

"Excelfan" wrote:

Thanks Mike for your response, that assumes there is not other way to do it.
I'm concern about an addin I installed once(not related to date) that even
when I turn it off
keeps giving me message that "the workbook has an add in..." everytime I
open the workbook, but hey, chances are risky and thanks again.
Thank you also FST1.

"FSt1" wrote:

jo
john walkenbach has an addin to help with per-1900 dates.

http://spreadsheetpage.com/index.php...nctions_xdate/

regards
FSt1

"Excelfan" wrote:

Is it there a way to substract 2 cells with different dates and get a result
in year,months and days.
WAIT! not that easy:
The second date (B1) could be today or close as in 1900, 2000...
The first date(A1), that's the one giving me the problem
because it could be in 1776, 1492 etc.
THANKS.