Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kevin Rutan[_2_] Kevin Rutan[_2_] is offline

Default Drop Down Data and Population problem

yea i figured it out on my own, it finally clicked... but thanks for the
response that is what i did

"Shane Devenshire" wrote:

Hi,

In general these kinds of problems are solved with something like
=VLOOKUP(Venue,Table,2,False)

but you didn't show use what your data looks like or what you want the
result to be in a given example.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Kevin Rutan" wrote:

I have a pretty simple thing (or so i would think) that I would like to
acheieve.

I am making a spreadsheet for people who work multiple jobs, I have a drop
down of the different locations, that information is on a different worksheet
and grouped as "venues" the column adjacent to the venues column is a pay
group (that at this point is not grouped)

What I want to happen is you choose a "venue" in cell C1 and it will
populate hourly rate in cell E1 It seems pretty straight forward, but I just
can't seem to find the answer in help. The main reason I don't just do a
straight if then or vlookup is I want to be able to protect the sheets so I
don't lose my formulas, but you could still add new "venues" with
corresponding pay rates.