Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Graph questions

Why do you assume that (a) "the latest Office" or (b) OpenOffice would help?
Using the proper values for your error bars is not a function of software
make or model.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"First Aid Computing" wrote in
message ...
I think I've got the X-axis error bars pretty much worked out now. I think
set them for too great of a range while trying to aim the ends for 0 the
latest X. WOuld be nice if they would get us the latest Office. Might
have
to just go ahead and put Openoffice 3 on it.

Still wondering if there's any way to turn the graph into a nice little
icon, though.

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

I can't imagine why anything in this technique would cause Excel to
crash.
Do you get any kind of error message, or any other hints about a possible
problem?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"First Aid Computing" wrote
in
message ...
It's taking some work to get the line right. Excel crashed a few times
trying to get the line extended. Will work on it more this weekend
when I
have time. If you have good examples and/or advice on what I might be
doing
wrong, you can e-mail me at

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Here's a tutorial that shows the technique:
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...orzErrBar.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"Dave Curtis" wrote in message
The fact it will only let you add vertical error bars implies you
have
added
the data point as a line chart. Try selecting it and changing the
chart
type
to x-y scatter. then you should be able to add horizontal error
bars. I
can
email you an example if you want.

Dave

"First Aid Computing" wrote:

Unfortunately, it will only let me add vertical error bars instead
of
horizontal one. Will continue fiddling with this. However, all my
data
of
the last two weeks was lost as my office computer died while I was
gone.
Now
I have to wait for the computer to return and hope they didn't nuke
the
drive
as all inept techies are wont to do.