Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default count entries that equal one criteria if another column meets

Hi,

Pivot Tables are designed to group your data in ways you can't even do in
the spreadsheet! So I'm not sure what you mean by this "Pivot table
supports blank cells, but they will not allow you to group."

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Pecoflyer" wrote:

ccKennedy;197110 Wrote:
i have, but my workbook has blank cells & it's my understanding that
the
pivot table won't support blank cells...

"Pecoflyer" wrote:

ccKennedy;197064 Wrote:
hi,
i'd like to use the countif feature but only if another column

meets
another
criteria.
Example:
A B
Product Jan
Personnel Feb

so, i want to know how many times "Product" occurred in Jan, how

many
times
"Personnel" occurred in Feb, etc.
help?

Hi,

have you tried a Pivot Table?

--
Pecoflyer

Cheers -
*'Membership is free' (http://www.thecodecage.com)* & allows file
upload -faster and better answers

*Adding your XL version* to your post helps finding solution faster

Pecoflyer's Profile: 'The Code Cage Forums - View Profile: Pecoflyer'

(http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/me...pecoflyer.html)
View this thread: 'count entries that equal one criteria if another

column meets anot - The Code Cage Forums'
(http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=54296)

Pivot table supports blank cells, but they will not allow you to
group.
As for the -- it is called an unary operator and coerces True/False
outcomes to 1/0 thus allowing the SUMPRODUCT fi-unction to work

--

Pecoflyer's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=14
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=54296