Nick

You could use the AutoFilter command on the Data menu
Or the advanced filter to copy the selected invoices to another range.

Or better still store this information a database, it's this sort of thing
MS Access was made for.

Nick

"Candice H." <Candice wrote in message
Hi all..

I have a situation that is a bit unique and interesting. I have a list of
account numbers that have invoices linked to them. From this vast list, I
have around 10 -15 different account numbers that I would like the invoice
numbers (and associated information) pulled from the list and put into
another area (on the same worksheet). The problem is that an account
number
may appear multiple times in the list (have more than 1 invoice) and when
do Vlookup or Vlookups it's only returning the first invoice. I would
like
to have it look in the big list for the account number, and return all
instances associated with that account number.

Here's an example:

A B C D E
F G
1 090WEN111 111012 $20.00 Paper 4/25/05
090PAP112
2 090PAP112 112141 $100.00 Tissue 1/25/05
090TIM412
3 090PAP112 114571 $58.23 Paper 3/1/05
4 090TIM412 142577 $45.21 SANI 5/1/05

so in this example, columns A - E have all the info that comes from a
database report. Column G has a select list of accounts that I need the
data
for. Instead of me having to go through hundreds of records, I would like
have Excel find these records and place them into a separate area on the
same
worksheet.

I know that this one is a bit long and drawn out but I really would
appreciate any help someone could offer... Thanks in advance!