Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Martin Martin is offline

Default Deleting rows based on values in a a cell in the row

I deal with a number of huge spreadsheets and need to remove all rows with
the values 2 through -4 in col AE; first I sort AE in descending order, then
manually find the first occurance of 2 in AE, then manually select rows until
the first value occurance after -4. This may involve 100,000s of rows and is
very time consuming, even using Page Down...

Can anyone suggest a macro to to fully automate this ..

I have tried recording a macro but it does not seem to handle handle the
fact the first occurance of a 2 changes each time the spreadsheet is
generated.

Problems of a novice user, and thanks in advance for your help