JulieD

site's looking v.good BTW

--
Cheers
JulieD

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Might add a paragraph on that to the site.

Bob

"JulieD" wrote in message
Hi Bob -

yep :)

(the sumif function looks good) ...

--
Cheers
JulieD

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
JulieD,

You are pedantic <vbg.

Okay so, not full. Haven't got a SUMPRODUCT formula to work (yet), but
have a SUM formula that can be utilised,

=SUM(IF(ColorIndex(A1:A100)=3,IF(A1:A100<"",--RIGHT(A1:A100,LEN(A1:A100)-1)
,0),0))

which is an array formula, so commit with Ctrl-Shift-Enter.

All the caveats on that page about no automatic recalculation still

hold.

--

HTH

RP

"JulieD" wrote in message
Hi Bob

looks good, however, i can't see how you can use the SUMPRODUCT

function
if
SOME of the cells contain alpha prefixes ...

--
Cheers
JulieD
"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
A full solution can be found at
http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html

--

HTH

RP

"Kim via OfficeKB.com" wrote in message

I need help creating a macro. I need to sum the values of cells

which
are
a certain color. The catch is that the values also contain
letters.
The
cells can contain values such as V1 or V.25. So, for an example, I
would
like to sum the numbers in all the purple cells. Any suggestions
on
how
accomplish this would be great.

Thanks!