Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Fred Smith[_4_] Fred Smith[_4_] is offline

Default Copying a formula down a column

You change it for each row by copying the formula down the column.

The easiest way to copy the formula is to drag the fill handle. The fill
handle is the little black box on the bottom right of the cell. Click and
drag it down your column. Excel should adjust your formula as needed.

Regards,
Fred.

"Mike Stewart" wrote in message
I have made a expence jurnal, column c is the account numbers eg, 6000 for
rent
6001 elect.
Across the shet I have hedders column D Rent, Column E Elect and so on
across.
The question I have is, I have to copy into each box under rent =IfC4=6000
then the dollar amount is automaticly put into the d column on the same
row.
As it is now I have to go throu each row under column d and type the
formula
due to the fact that it has to state in the function box then save it
each
time
I have figuard out the farmula, I just don't know how to make it change
for
each row.

Example:

A B C D E F