Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
oscar oscar is offline

Default Auto populate cell with info on other cell (Sheet)

Hi,

I have a spreadsheet were I keep account info. Each account has a status on
sheet 2. Each time I work on these accounts I enter a dexcription on the
status colum to help me organize the status of the account. On sheet 1 cell D
I have the same column. Each week I get a report with updated accounts that I
add to my existing spreadsheet. I copy the new loans in sheet 1 column A.
Since most of these loans are repeats from previous weeks I most likely have
a comment on some of those loan in sheet 2. I would like to enter a formula
in sheet 1 column D that would match the account number from column A and
sheet 2 column E loan number. When it finds its match I would like to
formuala to update the cell with the comment that I already enter in sheet 2
column C. This will help me know which loans are new and which loans I
already worked on and know what the status is.

I hope I make sense

Thanks