Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
moonshoe moonshoe is offline

Default fixed decimal formatting

Can the fixed decimal option apply to only one column, or does it always
apply to the whole spreadsheet?
I have column A with a custom acct number which includes hyphens
(01-01-123-456). Applying the custom format allows me to enter the number
without the hyphens.
Column B has currency. I did not want to have to enter the decimal point so
I entered the fixed decimal option on the spreadsheet. This was great for
column B, but changed all my acct numbers in column A.
I did find that by entering a decimal after my acct number, it would
disregard the "fixed decimal" I applied to the spreadsheet. Is this the only
way to do it?
Thanks