Jason Dove

Default open separate exterior excel windows

When I am working in Excel, I want to open separate excel windows when I open
separate excel files. I used to have this function prior to Windows 2003. I
still have this function with all the other applications in Microsoft 2003,
but not with Excel 2003.

Tools | Options | General "Ignore Other Applications" is not the function I
want.
Tools | Options | View "Windows in Taskbar" is not the function I want.
Windows | Arrange is not the function I want.

I want to be able to open two excel windows side by side, but I want to be
able to manipulate the size of each of the windows. I don't want them in the
same window but separate exterior windows. This function was available prior
to Windows 2003 in Excel and I can still perform this function with Word.
Why can't I do it in Excel?