Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default How to write a function for column A = product of two columns, B a

Ooops! Typo:

Enter in A1:
=B1*C1
Drag copy down to A1

Should say:

Drag copy down to A10

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"T. Valko" wrote in message
Several ways...

Enter in A1:

=B1*C1

Drag copy down to A1

Or...

Select the range A1:A10 starting from cell A1.

Enter in A1:

=B1*C1

Hold down the CTRL key then hit ENTER

Or...

Select the range A1:A10 starting from cell A1.

Enter in A1:

=B1:B10*C1:C10

Hold down both the CTRL key and the SHIFT key then hit ENTER

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"wlfoote" wrote in message
How do I select all the cells in column A to be populated by the result
of
the product of all the cells in two other columns, B and C.

In other words:

I would like A1:A10 = PRODUCT (B1:B10, C1:C10). However, the resultant
ten
values ends up cell A1, not cells A1:A10.