Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Dave Dave is offline

Default Max number of plots/curves

Thank you Jon, for the good news -

Looks like I'm going to live until the year 3026. That's probably long
enough !

The understatement of the week - I "have a ways to go." I guess so!

Appreciate the info.

Dave

"Jon Peltier" wrote in message
In a 2D chart, you can have up to 255 series, a series can have a maximum
of 32000 points, and the whole chart can have a maximum of 255000 points.
You have a ways to go.

Of course, depending on your version of Excel, performance may suffer
before you get close to these limits.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"Dave" wrote in message
I keep medical data on rather complicated Excel line graph. I currently
have 40 items either plotted (curves) or noted as just data points. X
axis is dates (about 4 years). Although I have never had any trouble
adding info, other than it is getting a bit crowded, is there a limit to
how may items Excel can chart?
Thx
Dave
WIndXP SP2 Office(Excel)2003