Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Harlan Grove[_2_] Harlan Grove[_2_] is offline

Default Find Capital Letter

Boogie wrote...
Example: In A1 BoogieMByron. How can make it as in A2 Boogie M Byron. There's
hundreds of names whereby Firstname,MI,LastName are all in one word. I want
to cleate a space before and after Middle initial. Thanks for your help.

Not possible to handle general cases (number of middle names ranging
from 0 to 4) easily using formulas. Also begs the question whether you
have any Scottish or Irish names, e.g., MacNabb, McNeely, O'Brien,
since I doubt you'd want the following transformations.

JohnEMacNab - John E Mac Nabb
SusanMcNeely - Susan Mc Neely
FXO'Brien - F X O' Brien

If you only need to perform this task infrequently, best to use
regular expressions in macros. There are many regular expression
search & replace macros already in the newsgroup archives.