Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Glenn Glenn is offline

Default Net should be zero but it is not; decimal values aroung the 12

joeu2004 wrote:
On Jan 21, 7:56 am, Glenn wrote:
There are workarounds to make the total equal exactly
zero in Excel, using the ROUND() function, but that
doesn't solve the problem in Peachtree, does it?

=ROUND(SUM(A1:A20),2)

For my edification, are you saying that that ROUND expression is not
sufficient to permit the OP to upload the results to Peachtree?

If not, why not?

<SNIP

However, admittedly, I am speaking out of school. I am not familiar
with Peachtree per se or with the upload procedure. If you have some
examples where ROUND(...,2) does not solve the upload problem, perhaps
you can share it with us, just for my edification. You've piqued my
curiosity.

I, too, am unfamiliar with Peachtree. My point was stated in the part you
snipped from my post:

If you are uploading the individual amounts to Peachtree and they are
uploading correctly, and Peachtree is telling you that they don't equal
zero, then how is this an Excel problem?

If the balance is also being uploaded from Excel, then it appears the ROUND()
function will solve the problem. If just the individual amounts are uploaded,
and the balance is being calculated in Peachtree, then that's where the problem
needs to be fixed.

Maybe the OP will eventually respond with the solution that worked...