Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Excel Bar Chart

This page explains how to set up a conditional chart:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...nalChart1.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"Chris waller" wrote in message
I have created a bar chart for my manager which he is quite happy with, but
now I have been asked whether it is at all possible to apply a colour to
each
bar depending on whether it is equal to certain criteria, a bit like the
conditional format facility. I am currently using Excel 2002. The criteria
want to use is if the figure is 8.7 I would like the bar in the chart to
be
red. 8.3<8.7 orange, 7.8<8.2 yellow and 7.7 or less green. I would also
like these figures to appear in an appropriate coloured square in the
legend.
TIA