Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Milind Keer[_2_] Milind Keer[_2_] is offline

Default Can we connect Pivot to multiple source data (MS Access)

Oh!! Does that mean I can write a query and can add extra table in my view
table itself? Interesting.... I will try to do that??

Hope this will not impact original DB?, I don't think so but just wanted to
make sure....

Sorry as I said earlier I am not DB guy :)

Thanks again!! I will try this and if required I will get back to you...

Thanks!
Milind Keer

"Charles Williams" wrote:

Why can't you create a query on the Access server that produces the old and
new columns you want and then use the ODBC link to that?

Charles
___________________________________
The Excel Calculation Site
http://www.decisionmodels.com

"Milind Keer" wrote in message
Hey Charles

Thanks again for the prompt reply.

In my Access I am not downloading complete DB, What I am doing here is I
am
using ODBC (& data source) Connection to link the database.
By getting doing this I can see all the data but I can't really add new
fields to this table because this is just a view.

Now to get a local copy of Data i have already tried Make Table query but
after some time getiing error "To many records" :(
That is why I said I can't really copy data on my local copy?
And because of this I can't add new field and can't get that new field in
Pivot table....

Do you think is there any other way handling this issue??

I m thinking of using SQL client instead of MS Access, will that solve the
problem??

Please advise.

Thanks again!!
Milind Keer