Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Search & You Will Find Search & You Will Find is offline

Default Matrix Type Lookup

Hello all.... I need to return the row where two statements are
true....

I have two columns, both with data. Column a is the "Role", column B
is the Application....

I need to to an index and match or something like that.... here's the
issue... both columns can have multiple entries that are the same.

Role
Admin Asst
Manager
Desktop Admin
Admin Asst
Manager
Desktop Admin
etc.

Application
Office 2007
Office 2007
Office 2007
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer

I want to know the row where say Manager & Internet Explorer are the
same.

so no vlookup

so categorize column a, find all the rows that = true, then do the
same for b, and return the single row that has both as true.