Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Barbara Barbara is offline

Default Create book pages, on one sheet from list

I have used one of these macros before and it worked ok for it. But this is a
little more intense and alot of Davids ideals are foreign to me.
Thanks for your time.

"Pete_UK" wrote:

David McRitchie has many tips he

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm

on "snaking" columns in the way you describe.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jan 21, 3:06 pm, Barbara wrote:
I have a list, (17720 rows, may grow in future) that is formated and ready to
go. Columns are set up from A to N with row 1 (column headings) to be
repeated on all pages. Data is actually in col B thru E at this time. A, F G
H and N are just space set columns. I want to have 61 rows of data per page.

So what I did was cut and paste B63 : E123 to I2 : L62. This gave me my
first page.

Then I deleted the empty rows it left (B63 : E123) and the list moved up.

Then I repeated this process all the way to Row 18000. (In case I start with
more rows of data in the future).

I thought I had the marco done (took me way over an hour), but then I
realized it wasnt correct, somewhere I missed a row and the numbers were not
numerical anymore.

I tried a second time to do this and somehow I ended up with a good book
(saved as a pdf) but there is an error in the macro when I tried to test it.

An easier way whould have been to create new sheets, but the format wouldnt
go with it and I would have had to format about 147 sheets.

There has to be an easier way to do this.

Any help is apprecated.

Thanks,
Barbara