Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Charles Williams Charles Williams is offline

Default Can we connect Pivot to multiple source data (MS Access)

Hi Milind,

Do you think 2GB RAM would be enough to download 1000,000 records which
has
approx 150 columns?

Maybe, if nearly all the columns are numbers and you have Excel 2003 or
Excel 2007, but the only way to find out is to try it out.

I can not really copy the data on my local drive in MS Access because of
size

I don't understand the problem, its only a million rows and you don't need
the complete database:
Use an Access MakeTable query to create a table that has only the columns
you want, then Export the table to a new MDB, then copy the MDB to your
local disk.

"UNION query" - what is it? I am not DB guy and need to explore it?

See ACCESS help on UNION QUERY

I tried calculated pivot table field but i guess that we can use only for
DATA Items and want to use new field in Row area or Page area? How to do
that??

I would create a query in your access DB that gives you the data columns
plus the column you want, then read that query into the pivot table.

Charles
The Excel Calculation Site
http://www.decisionmodels.com