Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bek Bek is offline

Default How can I calculate current school year from DOB ongoing?

no worries

it works perfectly for this year - does the 'today' bit ensure it will be
correct next year? Also - what does the '223' bit mean??

Sorry to ask, I am self taught!

"Pete_UK" wrote:

Sorry, I tested this on row 14 and forgot to change the references
when posting. It should read:

=INT((TODAY()-A1+223+(MOD(YEAR(A1),4)=0))/365.25)-5

if you put it in B1.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jan 20, 3:33 pm, Pete_UK wrote:
With a date of birth in A1, try this in B1:

=INT((TODAY()-A14+223+(MOD(YEAR(A14),4)=0))/365.25)-5

I've checked this for 1992 to 2003, and it seems to correctly
distinguish different years at 1st September.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jan 20, 3:03 pm, Bek wrote:

From a list of dates of birth I need to show what school year they are in
today, but have it so it is always correct in the future too.

I can caculate their current school year using a vlookup table of dates of
birth between Sept and August and the relevent school year, but come
September 2009 this will be wrong.

i.e. if born 30th January 1996 today you will be in school year 8.
If I check the spreadsheet in January 2010 I need it to be telling me you
are now in year 9.

School year runs from 1st September to 31st August.

Any help much appreciated!- Hide quoted text -