Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Stevep4 Stevep4 is offline

Default Help - Insert photos from directory

I have downloaded and installed the "morefunc" add ins which allows me to
access information from closed workbooks.

for example
=INDIRECT.EXT("'G:\shared\MyName\npms\data\["&B4&".xls]Sheet1'!$B$1")

Now what I need to do is download a photo into a cell.

Firstly
I would like to ensure that I can pull a photo (just to prove it at the
simplest level - before we make it complicated). So, in the local drive I
have a picture.
Filename "c:\lg.jpg"
What is the code I would need to get that to drop into a worksheet??

ultimately, I want to pull a photo from a specified drive on the network.
The file name would be provided from another cell in the worksheet (see code
above).

I need the macro code that would insert the photo into a specified cell and
scale it to fill the cell.

Can someone provide some code??