Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jacqueline Jacqueline is offline

Default convert text to sentence case

I knew there had to be a way I just did not know what they were calling it.
Thanks Mike this is exactly what I needed.
Jacqueline

"Mike H" wrote:

Jacqueline,

There is no sentence case in Excel, there's Upper, Lower and Proper. The
latter is probably closest to what you want and you use

=Proper(a1) where a1 is the string but this capitalises the first letter of
every word.

If you only have a single sentence you could get away with

=UPPER(LEFT(A1,1))&LOWER(MID(A1,2,LEN(A1)))

Which capitalises the first letter only, After that you need a macro so post
back if neither of these will do.

Mike

"Jacqueline" wrote:

Is there a way to convert all cap text to sentence case in Excel. I have to
dump data from one database into an Excel spreadsheet, where the data is
scrubed and then appended to a table in another database.

The data comes from the first database in all caps! Any help is greatly
appreciated.
Thanks

--
Jacqueline