Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] pelletier.emile@gmail.com is offline

Default Scenarion Manager Crashes with Pivot Table option

On Jan 10, 11:36*pm, chuckred
wrote:
I have a fairly complicated model that refers to several worksheets. I have
set up 4 scenarios, with approximately 20 cells that change and about the
same number of results cells.

When I use the "summary" button, and select the Scenario Summary option,
everything works fine.

However, EVERY time I select the Scenario Pivot Table Report option, I get
the dreaded "Microsoft Office Excel has encounterd a problem and needs to
close "message. *It's consistent and is completely repeatable. I've tried
getting rid of extraneous worksheets and unneeded data, but it hasn't helped.
Could it be a naming problem with cells, tabs, or?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Yes some time ago I had the same problem and have fixed it, but the
version was Excel 2003. The problem was also unique to the PivotTable
Scenario Report Type. There was a named cell with too long a name
within the choice of Result Cells. That's all. No more problems after
shortening the name. Let me know if it works for you.