Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tina tina is offline

Default If then Statments

This is very good but I only want the difference from cell A to be added or
subtracted from a.

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

If the value in K2 is not equal to 2.489, then display the difference
between K2 and A1
Try these out. You may need to reverse K2 and A1 - and only you know what to
use for A1
=IF(K2<2.489,K2-A1,"no change")
=IF(K2<2.489,K2-A1,"")
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Tina" wrote in message
Okay this is what I have. I have a number based on flucuating metal
prices
and a constant that is the cost of the part right now. I want to write a
formula that will give me if the number increases/decreases then
add/subtract
the difference to another column. For some reason I can get the first
part
=IF(k2<2.489,) but i don't know how to finish the formula. Please help.

Tina